This new position is a strategic role, forming part of the York Diocesan Leadership Team, and drawing together important areas of our work that are key to meeting our goals.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Build a Diocesan Mission and Ministry team that has clarity of purpose
- Deliver ministry that is informed by our Diocesan vision and supports its fulfilment
- Deliver ministry that is appropriately shaped in response to the needs of the Diocese and the agenda and direction of the national Church
- Deliver ministry that listens to the missional needs of our parishes and enables an appropriate contextual response
You will be a practicing Christian, lay or ordained, with the following gifts and skills:
- Well-resourced and robust spiritually, with high levels of emotional intelligence
- A reflective practitioner of Christian ministry and education; able to embrace all Church traditions
- Proven ability as an effective leader who can enable change in a range of contexts
- Proven ability to develop and deliver strategy
- Commitment to the development and formation of ministers, both lay and ordained, able to teach and facilitate learning
- Understanding of missional practice in reaching those beyond the Church.